Sunday, October 14, 2018

October Reading



























I assume by the arrogant gaze that the person on the book cover is a Sherlock Holmes character.



I am currently reading A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Reading two of his books  + short stories and seeing Sherlock episodes (the same again and again) the rest of the books about the detective have been on my must read list. :)

After some chapters and a surprising end to the first part of the story I'm now trying to get used to the total shift in place and time. From London to a desert. With other characters to follow.

 This book is the first about consulting detective Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr. John Watson who helps him with cases. As a reader you get to see the detective through John's thoughts. I liked that he made a list over the detectives talents and his not so talented areas. After the doctor moving into the flat where Sherlock lives he helps him with a bizarre crime. That somehow is connected to the story of people in that desert far away. And early in the story Sherlock thinks he has solved the crime.

There are some nice descriptions of situations that I think might have created lasting images in my mind already. Foreshadowing images.






2 comments:

  1. He's one of my fav authors. I highly recommend the Mars series too...Nice to meet another fan of his.

    ReplyDelete