Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Drawings


I've started to draw again. It is one of the things I like to do when I'm home. This one I've made for one of my flatmates :) I love to draw with pastels. There are so many colors to choose from and they are so easy to work with. On this drawing below I used dry pastel pencils. They are a little bit more practical to work with since you don't get color everywhere. Some pastel chalk give more pigmentation with a single swipe. One I would love to try again is oil pastel chalks. They are more pigmented then the dry ones. And have a slightly shiny, pearly look to them which comes off really beautiful on paper. 


I usually don't have a plan when I find my drawing stuff. I start in the middle of the paper beginning with one symbol followed by another. Sometimes I get an image in my head, more or less complete. Like this one above. I like to draw images in different sizes. Lately I've focused on making book marks.


Here are some more of my other drawings. I hope you like them. And feel inspired to draw :) 






Have you tried pastels? 





No comments:

Post a Comment