Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Touch of Pink and Red. Todays Makeup






I've been loving my YSL bb cream as a base product for a long time. It is better for the skin then foundations. I like using this to emphasise subtle colors because it attaches so well to the skin with good and even coverage. The finish always looks good. And it is easy to work with staying on the skin for a long time. Red and pink are my color combination with some champagne on the eyes. I would usually not think of combining these two colors. Forgive me the intense light in the photo. Today it was tricky. This makeup I could wear daily because it is subtle, warm and creamy. Before I got into makeup again in my twenties I've always considered red colors as too intense. I've been inspired to mix more colors after reading beauty blogs seeing that it can look good, also with pale skin tones, wearing a red or mixes of poppy colors. I think I'm starting to favour this lip combo now which is a mix of Mac Rosy Rim lip pencil and Jan Thomas Paris Chic lipstick. The pink lipstick is slightly lighter then the lipliner. And a creamy one just as comfortable as Mac lipsticks on. 

Then I blended a creamy pink blush from Kicks, Sheer Cheek Stick Wedding Flower with a dark red powder blush and the result I feel looks quite nice. For cloudy days and towards night I would add more of the Frankly Scarlett Powder Blush from Mac on the top of my cheekbones. I don't know what it is about this color but it makes me feel so cozy and warm. It's like a cold deep red and it looks good in summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment