Friday, December 14, 2018

December Read. Part 1. Elephants Can Remember



























This month I'm reading "Elephants Can Remember". This is one of the books by Agatha Christie. I've enjoyed reading books by her for months. This one I liked because of the strangeness. It pretty much begins with a conversation crime author Ariadne Oliver has with a complete stranger. The stranger  asks of a special favour. She wants Ariadne to solv an unsolved case. An old girfriend of Ariadne was found shot together with her husband and these were the parents of a woman whom might marry this strangers son.

Puzzeled and upset Ariadne goes to detective and friend Hercule Poirot for advice. She visits person after person to see what they rememeber about the womans parents. Hercule has decided to help.

The story is so far told through Ariadne. Maybe all of it is. It is nice to see the situations through her eyes as author and friend of the detective.

And the book is a universe of its own. It's cool that one can create a book around a conversation. I've read half of the story and so far it is good! And that book cover is nice too!







2 comments:

  1. Great post Karoline, I enjoy your bookish content! I’ve never read an Agatha Christie book, and I like the vintage covers although I tend to stick to something more light-hearted. Lovely review nevertheless, I’m glad you’ve been enjoying this book. Have you ever tried Goodreads? It’s a great way to keep track of the books you read. Wishing you peace over the holiday season. :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete